Friday, January 26, 2007

Fina-fucking-ly! Some progress!!!

I had to rope Syrina's social worker into the whole situation with her taxi driver and his helper. I hate that I had to go that far, but the situation demanded that something be done... and I was limited in my own options.

Luckily, Syrina's social worker is a GREAT guy. I can't even put into words the amount of respect and admiration I have for this man. He MAKES things happen. "Can't" isn't even IN his vocabulary.

And since some restructuring in Social Services and some other departments, he has the same head of department as the taxi service. Hehehehehehehehe!!! He went straight to the head. And he got results!

Apparently the head said that if we could come up with an alternative drop-off point, it would be acceptable. I DO NOT have a problem with that! Hell... if the taxi driver and/or his helper had brought the subject up, we could have worked it out between ourselves and I wouldn't have had to drag Syrina's social worker into this mess in the first place!

So I told Tom (that's the social worker's name, btw) to tell the other guy that if the taxi driver could drop Syrina off at the other kids' school, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I can bring her wheelchair with me, plop her in it, hang her backpack on one of the handles, and off we go! At first, I suggested a corner a block away from the school, simply because the traffic is less heavy over there, but Tom said they probably wouldn't go for that, but actually AT the school gates would be more acceptable. Fine! Whatever! I don't care... I just don't want to have to go through this with them every fucking day. And I CERTAINLY don't want to have them claiming I abandoned Syrina simply because I'm not super-fucking-woman and can't be in two places at once! I'm only one woman, and I've got to deal with 4 kids all by myself. And I can't blame Hubby for this one, because he's actually doing something to try and make all of our lives better, which is putting me IN this predicament. HE isn't, but the SITUATION is. It isn't HIS fault that he has to be at school from 8-5 every day (except Fridays - his Fridays switch off; one week he'll have a half day, the next a day off, the next a half day, and so on). It ALSO isn't his fault that the school he's been sent to is over an hour's commute away. But this is the situation, and I'm trying to deal with it the best I can. The least these people can do is try to work WITH me.

And ya know... it's not even the situation itself that bothered me so much. It was the woman's ATTITUDE. THAT'S why I wanted to bitch-slap her so badly.

But I can almost let out a sigh of relief. It's not completely sorted, but it's SOME progress. And really, they've got another week to sort it out, because Syrina'll be at respite care all of next week, so it won't even be an issue.

Tom also gave me some even better news, but I'm going to go post that on Syrina's blog in just a moment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home