Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Curse of Being a Crafty Person

Yes, sometimes it's a curse... although I have to admit that sometimes, it's an absolute life-saver. Or... well... sanity-saver, anyway.

I found a great online store that sells all kinds of craft materials (Crafts, Etc.), and they have the hooks that I've been wanting for MONTHS!!! AND they do international shipping!!! Yeah, Baby! *lol*

Here comes the curse... they'll ONLY do international shipping on orders OVER $25. Okay... no biggie. With the conversion, that'll only come out to like £15 or so (not including the shipping, of course).

So I'm browsing around, seeing what I might want to buy... and what pops into my head???

CHRISTMAS!!!

It's frigging JULY, for cripes sake! And I'm thinking CHRISTMAS!!!!

What the heck is wrong with me?

Okay, okay.... so it's not THAT crazy, when you stop and think about it. I really would like to give everybody in my family (and I have a LOT of family!!!!) a gift this year, even if it's just something small. And I've gotten so into my crocheting lately that it's just a given that it'll be something hand-made. And I know my family - they'll all appreciate the work that goes into making something, because they've all seen me at one point or another actually in the process of making it. And since I DO have such a large family, it only makes sense that I'd start thinking about buying Christmas present supplies now, especially with our financial situation (we be po').

But geeze.... thinking about CHRISTMAS in JULY????

There just seems something inherently wrong about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Don't feel bad, I am already looking into the Christmas gift I am thinking about for my mom. And for the kids. And about whether or not G and his new wife and baby are going to be able to make it up here for Christmas. Try being in MY boat!

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home