Saturday, February 24, 2007

We got a new couch!!!!





The couch in all its loveliness...




And a close-up of the detail.
I can't even tell you how excited I am to have this thing! It's my first new couch - EVER. I'm talking this thing is brand new from a department store. Nobody but us has ever owned this! (Hey... I've never HAD brand-new furniture in my LIFE!!)
This is the one thing I've REALLY wanted for MONTHS. But every time we had a little extra cash, we just couldn't find one we were willing to spend the dosh on.

Well, now our financial situation is sorted (finally!!! It's only TAKEN 3 YEARS!!!), so we had a LOT of extra cash. So we were looking around at the sales. We were going to get this one from Walmsley's, but when Hubby went over there, we found out they were out of stock - and it would take another 4 weeks to get one in.
So just for the heck of it, Hubby went looking around at a few of the other furniture stores and department stores in town. To be honest, he wasn't all that hopeful, but he figured (and I totally agreed with him) that he'd better make sure there wasn't a better deal out there before he went and ordered something that wasn't QUITE what we wanted (we wanted something in a darker color, because of the kids).

Well, we lucked out - BIG TIME!! He went to Jopling's (a big department store out here). Again, he wasn't all that hopeful, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to look. There, waaaaay in the back of the furniture section, he saw the one we ended up getting. So he goes to the person in charge of the furniture section, and finds out that not only were they having a huge store-wide sale, but since this floor model was the last one in that particular line - period - we got even MORE off of it. I'm not entirely sure how much it originally cost - well over the £700 mark - but we ended up getting it for £219, INCLUDING delivery costs!!!

I'm a happy camper, I'll tell ya! Or should I say, "happy sitter?" :P

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

HOLY SHIZNIT!! Nice discount! And I get excited about the 50% discount off my $8 fast food meals around here. Sort of makes me want to move out there with ya.

3:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home