Thursday, June 08, 2006

What a selfish b@st@rd!!!

I just can't believe this man sometimes.

This past week has been our worst week (financially) of the month. We get paid tomorrow, so like a lot of folks, money has been super-tight. Add to that the fact that one of the ATMs in town "ate" £50 of our money, and you can imagine how tight it's been.

So we haven't had much to eat in the house. All he's been eating - aside from dinner - is toast. Me? I haven't eaten a SINGLE THING all week aside from dinner.

So today, my very good friend and neighbor, May, lends us £20. Not much, but enough that the kids could actually have something they WANTED for dinner, I was able to get them some CEREAL for breakfast (all they've had for brekkie all week was toast, too), and we had enough left over for a takeaway.

Well, child #2 of 4 (Caitlin, the 9 year old) was at Brownie's tonight. He knew that, and he also knew that she didn't get anything to eat before she left. A lot of the time she'll end up going to her friend's house afterwards and get something to eat there, but said friend has turned into a little b!tch the past few weeks, and I knew Caitlin wasn't going to spend any more time with her than she absolutely had to.

So she gets home at something like 8:30. Not bad on a Brownie's night, actually. And she's hungry - expectedly. She asks what she can have for dinner. Well, I only got enough frozen pizza (what her sisters had for dinner) for the 2 of them, because usually hubby will just share his pizza with Caitlin when we get a takeaway (me... I've had more pizzas since I've married hubby than I had in my ENTIRE LIFE before him... so I'm kind of pizza-ed out). So she asks him if he can have some of his pizza when it gets here (it hadn't arrived yet, obviously).

This 29-year-old man starts throwing a temper tantrum!!!!

He goes in the kitchen and starts throwing things around, saying things like "fine, you can have the pizza, I'll just f*ck!ng starve!"

I just couldn't believe it. She's a CHILD, for f*ck's sake! He's the GROWN UP... or... well... he's SUPPOSED to be.

What the hell does he think *I* feel like? I literally starve myself so that he and the kids can eat, and do *I* throw temper tantrums? NO!!!

If anything, I get upset when the kids want something and I just don't have the means to give it to them. They sit here and literally cry because they're hungry, and I just don't have anything to give them. But they're kids. They don't understand. (Well... Caitlin does, but Lexi and Chloe sure as hell don't.) He's a grown man. He should be more mature than that.

I just find it really sad - pathetic, really - that sometimes, my 9 year old daughter is more mature than my 29 year old husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home