Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm leavin'... on a jet plane...

... well, to be honest, I SHOULD say I'm leavin' on a Virgin Train! *lol*

Hubby and I are going off for a "dirty weekend" (as they call it here) to York!!!

I've been wanting to do this for YEARS! When we first planned on moving here, Hubby said that he'd take me away for a weekend once we got settled and show me more of Britain. Welllll... things didn't quite turn out the way we had thought they would, and we just couldn't. Couldn't afford to. Then, a year and a half ago when our marriage nearly broke up, I wanted to do it, as a way to try to save our marriage. He wouldn't.
Now we've been here nearly 4 years, and finally we're doing it.
I'm so excited I can't even describe it. We've been married nearly 8 years, and we have never - EVER - had so much as 24 hours without the children around. Our "honeymoon" was spent in my mother's house with the kids in the room next door. Our vacation to Colorado back in '01 was spent with all 5 of us (Chloe was conceived on that vacation) in the same hotel room. Finally, for the first time in our marriage, we will be completely A-L-O-N-E!!!!!
Of course, I have to admit, part of me is a little apprehensive about it too. BECAUSE we've never been completely alone. Will we run out of things to say to each other and end up spending our time in awkward silences? I hope not, but I have to be honest and say that it's at the back of my mind.
Of course we're not going to be spending the entire day cooped up in our room. We're going to do things and see things. Shoot, if all we wanted to do was spend a weekend in a hotel room, there's one down the road we could use! *lol* Part of the whole POINT of this is to do some sight-seeing. A mini-vacation, if you will.
But it'll be nice to know we don't have to rush home to let Vicci get back to her house, and that we can do whatever we want without having to worry about the kids at all. They'll all be here at home, as safe as they could possibly be.
I've got loads to do before we go, but I'm so happy I can't even tell ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home